Augusta Technical College is a two-year college based in Augusta, Georgia. It was founded in 1961 as Augusta Area Vocational Technical School and merged with Richmond Area Vocational School in 1966 to become Augusta Area Technical School. In 1987, the college was renamed Augusta Technical Institute and took its current name in 2000.
Augusta Technical College operates under the supervision of the State Board of Technical and Adult Education, serving the needs of business, industry, and the public in a five-county area in east central Georgia.
Augusta Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate of Applied Science Degrees, Diplomas, and Technical Certificates of Credit. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Augusta Technical College.
Augusta Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam era, or citizenship status, (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all educational programs and activities including admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other college-administered programs. It also encompasses the employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services. Augusta Technical College shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices designed to ensure the full realization of equal opportunity