Step by Step Closing And Home Buying Process Including Information On Home Inspections, Financing, Comparisons, Value, Termite Letters and Closing Statement
1. First we determine a buyers needs for financing and obtain detailed information on the best loan packages available thru top ranked mortgage lenders to allow buyer better understanding of the loan process, qualifying amount, closing cost, and monthly house payment inclusions.
2. The Richards Group will provide available listings for buyers thru the Greater Augusta Board Of Realtors Multiple Listing Service based on their specific personal needs and wants. Price, location, size, age, style, school district, re-sale or any number of other criteria that might better distinguish the value and desire of one home over another will all be taken into consideration.
3. The Richards Group will make our self available so that you may look at listed homes according to the time your schedule permits. We can also provide you a daily e-mail service that sends detailed information, complete with photos of brand new listings that meet your criteria.
4. Once you find the home that best fits your needs, we utilize information that validates the value of the home, it's history and structural integrity. This is done by initiating the following:
· Compare similar properties in the area to verify the listing price is accurate.
· Pull tax information to view current owner history and county tax value.
· Request a disclosure statement from current owner to determine all structural, mechanical and neighborhood information about the home during their ownership.
· Request from the current homeowner or retrieve from county tax office a copy of the neighborhood covenants.
· Request from the current homeowner or retrieve from county tax office a copy of the property plat to show property.
5. Using all the necessary information, an offer for a potential purchase can be made always keeping in mind your needs as the buyer. A contract on a property is fully negotiable until agreed upon by both parties. With this in mind, we present an offer negotiating any or all of the following: price, closing date, closing costs, closing attorney, warranties, the right to request repairs based on a home inspection, and any additional special stipulations that make the property more desirable for you the buyer.
6. As your buyer broker we negotiate on any or all the above mentioned requests until a contract is fully accepted by both parties.
7. Once both parties are in agreement, copies of your final contract are sent to your closing attorney and loan officer so that they may give you the final estimates of your house payment and closing costs to prevent any surprises.
8. After a contract is fully accepted, we recommend a home inspector to check for any defects in the home that might affect the structural integrity and value and submit those to the seller for possible repair or compensation.
9. Within a 30 day period prior to the closing date on the house, a termite letter will be ordered on behalf of the buyer to verify the house is free and clear of termites.
10. If so desired The Richards Group will provide you with names and numbers of several home owner insurance companies that will provide estimates on the best homeowner coverage or consult with you on someone you may already use.
11. Prior to the closing date, we provide a list of area utilities and services that can be transferred or started in your name to begin on move-in day to assure a smooth transition. Cable, electricity, water, gas, phone and garbage pickup can all be in place.
12. Prior to closing we will go over your final closing statement prepared by the closing attorney. These numbers are exact based on the contract, but we will verify these numbers once more for complete accuracy to avoid any surprises.
13. At the closing we will help, along with the closing attorney, answer any questions concerning the closing documents as they are presented to you for signing.
14. Congratulations! The buying process is fully complete and you are now the proud owner of a new home. Whether this is your first home purchase or your last our ultimate goal is to make this an easy transaction for you. We will continue to keep in touch thru mail, email, our monthly newsletter and client appreciation parties. This is just the beginning of a long term relationship with you in which we hope to offer our quality service with any of your future real estate needs. And, as always, remember to refer us to your family and friends. As our appreciation to you for each of these referrals that successfully escrow, we will reward you with a gift certificate to the vendor of your choice.